Friday, January 30, 2009

Not a Boy, Not Yet a Woman

I had to get some new lipstick at the M.A.C. counter a couple of weeks ago. The man behind the counter had been working there the last time I passed through Northpark Mall.

He was petite and fine-boned. I recognized him immediately because of his perfectly made up face. The last time I was at that counter, I wondered how in the world he managed to apply his makeup so well and why my make up applications barely last two whole hours?

His eyebrows were exquisitely groomed. His brows were dark, thick,and luscious. They were pampered and bred to stay in place. I was mesmerized by his high, perfect arch. They were what I would like mine to be if I could grow eyebrows.

His manicured brows framed dark, exotic eyes that were lined with black kohl and with an artist's creative touch. From the bridge of his nose up, he was expertly done but if you lowered your gaze, there was a five o'clock shadow that couldn't be cheated even with the most skilled hands.

I asked him for the lipstick(Dubonnet)and then asked if he could recommend a good foundation. The young man stepped over to me and asked if it was alright to remove some of the makeup I was wearing.

Sure, that's fine. I'm on my way to get a facial.

Oh, where? Faces?

Yes, do you go there?

Dr. Blackledge is going to do my chin implant. They are fabulous over there! I go to Mona Spa for my laser hair removal. That hurts so bad that I just cry and cry.

Well, you know what they say,beauty is pain.

Tell me about it. I have to go six more times.

My God, that's awful! Do you just not want to shave anymore?

Well, I'm transitioning to be a woman, so I have to.

Good luck with that!

He matched my skin with a new foundation and rang up my purchases. He was good. I hope I recognize him next time I go back!

2 comments:

Lisa Melton said...

That's pretty funny. On another note...LET THE CAMPAIGNING BEGIN???

Keetha said...

How funny...adventure finds you everywhere you go.